Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Peeps!

{Easter weekend was busy and my family and I made lots of great memories}  

Check out our First Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Don't forget to check out the matching invitations from my last post!




The morning of the Easter Egg Hunt I lost some 'steam'. It had been a long week at work and I had every intention of being prepared the night before the egg hunt but alas, I got some rest instead! So the morning of, instead of making cake pops from scratch (minimum 2.5 hours) I bought some tim-bits (doughnut holes), stuck in the candy stick, dipped in white chocolate and topped with sprinkles! (voila - cake pops in 20 minutes!)

A tip with cake pops is to dip your candy stick in chocolate before inserting into the doughnut hole (or handmade cake ball). Also, purchase some styrofoam to stick the end and sturdy the cake pop). 


Favours! I love party favours so much I think half of my pinterest boards are party favour ideas.  Easter peeps on a kabob stick, with cheveron scrapbook paper and a clear cookie bag. Super, super easy but really colourful and fun.

I love chocolate. I'd like to say "who doesn't" but I have shockingly met people who  DONT.  Seriously, unimaginable. These bird nest inspired confections are super easy to make for next Easter. Melted chocolate (I used 2 bags of foiled easter eggs, unwrapped, dropped into a microwavable safe dish, heat and stir until melted), gluten free corn flakes (my daughter is gluten intolerant) topped with mini-mini eggs (I found these at the drugstore in the candy aisle).  


Bunny Bait: mini-coloured marshmallows, Easter Peanut M&M's, white chocolate, sprinkles

To add colour to the egg hunting area - my husband and I tied balloons to golf tees and pushed them into the grass around the backyard. It adds so much colour and reminds me of big colourful Easter eggs.

Something about Easter and blowing bubbles...I think my Mom used to always put bubbles (and new pj's) in my Easter basket. I purchased mini-bubbles for all the kids, something to distract them from eating all their chocolate after the egg hunt was finished!

Thanks for stopping by! M

(Photo credits to my rockstar sister Miranda Armstrong Photography - like her on Facebook)


No comments:

Post a Comment