Thursday, February 21, 2013

Amber's Tea Party Baby Shower

Last May, I hosted this Tea Party baby shower for my best friend Amber. She looked so adorable pregnant and now she has a beautiful baby girl named Styrling. Her sister, Alisha, is the owner of Mirus Photograhy. She does amazing photography, please check our her website www.mirusphotography.com or her blog www.mirusphotography.com/blog


 I had this vision of a shabby yet chic tea party with whimsy pink and lilac decor. Burlap was the perfect back drop for the 'shabby' and I hit up Micheals to create the pink and lilac bunting banners. For a tea party some essentials must be in-hand: french macaroons (pink and purple, of course), scones with jelly, sugar cookies, petit fours, and to add a modern flair; cake pops. A couple of my previous students (when I taught part-time at Fanshawe College's Culinary Program) created the tea-pot cake (pink velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, it was Y-U-M) and the beautiful petit fours. My friend Michelle and I made the cake pops together and tied little ribbons around the sticks.
The Buffet Table

Add caption
I love to have something 'extra'. I came up with the idea to have a manicure station at the shower. The signature manicure "Pink Sparkle" - I found the Essi polish at Wal-Mart.  No need to hire anyone, my cousin (in-law) Laura does great mani's and she offered to do all the manicures for the day!
Cake pops and French macaroons


Special touches - the babies name hung over a wagon holding little teddy bears
A special seat just for the Momma to be


Great shot of the table:

I found the mason jars at a local Salvation Army to make the flower centrepieces. To make the vases; find ribbon that matches your theme  (in this case pink sparkly ribbon and burlap) and tie around the jar. I used a little hot glue to hold mine on perfect. To save money on flowers I went to the local farmer's market 10 minutes before they were closing up. They were more than happy to sell me most of the flowers for half the price. I spent under $70.00 for all of centrepieces
I love to bake and I have an awesome recipe for sugar cookies. A week before the shower I  baked 50 of these 'one-sie'  sugar cookes and iced them with soft pink royal icing. Then adorned them with little pink sugar pearls like a pearl necklace (the Mom-to-be is VERY girly - I knew she would like it). Then I picked up these little pink favour bags from Micheals, used the same cookie cutter to stencil out the white onside glued to the front - and found the free "sweet baby girl" sticker template on the internet. I loved, loved, loved how they turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment