Sunday, February 24, 2013

Autumn and Myelle's Monkey Themed 1st Birthday Party

The twins 1st Birthday Monkey Themed Party was fun. The twins were obsessed with monkeys. We were also expecting our third little one at this time (I was 7 months pregnant).   So, our house felt a bit like a zoo!


 I had this monkey face cut out of plywood, painted it brown, then stuck the cupcakes on with a little hot glue on the bottom of the cupcake liners.  We had vanilla and chocolate cupcakes and tinted the icing with a touch of beige for the Monkey's face. The monkey's expression was piped on with black tinted icing. The finished product was heavy - I needed my husband and his Dad to carry it out from our house.
Kids Favours: custom made bubbles and wands. I used the same printables from Esty and glued them to the front of small clear containers. I attached the wands (made of pink pipe cleaners) with brown and pink polka dot ribbon. I loved the way these big boxes of watermelons brought out the green and pink from the party.

To stay budget friendly I picked up all the table covers from the dollar store and cut out white polka dots from construction paper. The centre pieces were made from clay pots that I painted white, filled with pink paper grass and topped with a custom made birthday sign. Check out etsy for birthday printables. It helps to put a little sand in the bottom of the clay pots to hold the signs secure.




We made light and easy food for our guests.  Menu: tomato, baby mozzarella and basil kabobs, (lower left),  mini BLT sandwiches (upper centre), fruit tray, and pinwheel sandwiches (right)



My little Myelle


This pink table set from Ikea was a gift from my Aunt when the girls were born.  It made a great spot to put all the favours


A nice fresh white tent would look great, but the budget didnt allow that year - we borrowed this small tent from family. I purchased the graphics for the bunting banner off of Etsy, printed them off at home and glued each piece to ribbon. Then hung from the edges of the tent. Weeks later a great idea hit me: use coloured paper streamers and hang from the top of the tent down to hide the colour of the tent! Next time!
Searching on-line I found a local farmer that sets up petting zoo for $90.00/hour. We paid for an hour and a half and it was just enough time for everyone to get some time with the animals. It was a great idea, even all the adults liked 'visiting' with the animals.


























No comments:

Post a Comment